Fennesz - Endless Summer (2001)

Fennesz - Endless Summer (2001)

1 Made in Hongkong 4:22
2 Endless Summer 8:35
3 A Year in a Minute 6:01
4 Caecilia 3:53
5 Got to Move On 3:48
6 Shisheido 2:58
7 Before I Leave 4:06
8 Happy Audio 10:55
 
My Review : 
There are times when I think that "Endless Summer" might very well be the best album of 2001 and one of the most important and relevant albums of the entire decades. There are other times when I don't understand why I am so fascinated with this record. A glitchy, ambient, obscene and serene take on sun, seen through the eyes of the inimitable Christian Fennesz. I don't hate this record ever, don't get me wrong, but I don't always love it. It's a "when the mood is right" type of record for me. It almost always sounds pretty (though the harsh glitches on "Shisheido" and "Before I Leave" wake me from my daydream), but about one out of every 4 listens reveals a record that stands on its own, with few sounding like it. The mixture of guitars, fuzz, and samples just hits the right emotions. One of the very few ambient that does indeed work on a sunny day. Keep it around, listen to it every now and then, you'll become obsessed eventually. 

0 comments: