Dexter Gordon - Go (1962)

Dexter Gordon - Go (1962)


1. Cheese Cake
2. I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry
3. Second Balcony Jump
4. Love for Sale
5. Where Are You?
6. Three O'Clock in the Morning
 
 My Review : 
It's puzzling to me when I see "essential" jazz recording lists, GO rarely appears. Well, it makes my essential list and has easily pushed it's way into my top 10. From the exultant opening blow of "Cheese Cake" to the stunning ballad "I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry" you realize you are hearing a musician "in the zone" who has complete command of his talent and is evoking it here at will. As the liner notes state, "Dexter soars like a condor over the Andes, with grandeur and great staying power." This also contains my favorite recording of "Love For Sale." There is not a wasted note on this album. It's like witnessing a baseball pitcher throwing a perfect game.

0 comments: