Lovage - Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By (2001)

Lovage - Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By (2001)


1 Ladies Love Chest Rockwell
2 Pit Stop (Take Me Home)
3 Anger Managment
4Everyone Has A Summer
5 To Catch A Thief
6 Lies And Alibis
7 Herbs, Good Hygiene & Socks
8 Book Of The Month
9 Lifeboat
10 Strangers On A Train
11 Lovage (Love That Lovage, Baby)
12 Sex (I'm A)
13 Koala's Lament
14 Tea Time With Maseo
15 Stroker Ace
16 Archie & Veronica
 
Upon hearing the news that Faith No More was planning on reuniting I found a list of some of Mike Patton's other projects. I was familiar with most of it - Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom and Mike's solo stuff, but one I had never heard of was something called Lovage - a collaborative effort between Dan Nakamura, Mike Patton, Jennifer Charles and Kid Koala.

Mike Patton has an absolutely incredible voice, but I much prefer to hear the man sing instead of doing his more deranged solo/Fantomas stuff. I totally respect the man as an artist and everything, but I just can not get into this type of stuff. Luckily Lovage is a very cool, laid back trip-hop/lounge outfit which lets Mike's (and Jennifer's) tremendous singing voice shine. If you like your Mike Patton a little poppier (like Peeping Tom) I would give this a shot.
 

0 comments: