elsiane - hybrid (2007)

elsiane - hybrid (2007)


01 - vaporous
02 - mend (to fix, to repair)
03 - across the stream
04 - morphing
05 - assemblage point
06 - prosaic
07 - ecclesia
08 - final escape
09 - in a crisis...
10 - paranoia
11 - hybrid

My Review : 
Elsiane's HYBRID is an absolutely gorgeous, breathtaking piece of work. When I found out that this new artist signed to Nettwerk's label was touring with Delerium (who I will regretfully have to miss this time around), I didn't hesitate for one second to check her out. I became enthralled with the song samples and, listening to them in their entirety now, they do not disappoint. Quite the contrary actually. This is some of the best music I've heard in long while and it is easily one of my favorite albums of 2008.

A lot of people seem a bit irked by her voice but I think it's lovely...if not different sounding...and compliments everything nicely. The lush, ethereal pop melodies are emotionally driven with modern electronics and gentle washes of violins, cellos and drums. This is music that truly makes one feel and is perfect for the start of autumn - a rather reflective time of year.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, especially for fans of groups like Delerium and Sleepthief.

Favorite songs include "Vaporous", "Mend", "Across The Stream", "Morphing', and "Paranoia".
 

0 comments: